As you may have seen on my Sharing page, I’m always looking for stories from each of your personal books. Be they celebrations of final goals achieved or updates on your latest progress, I want them. I think we all do, to reaffirm our own devotion to this lifestyle and encourage those who are just starting the journey or may be right in the thick of it. Because as we all know, even a complete transformation is just the beginning.
I’d like you to meet our newest transformee in the making, Sally. I am so inspired by her determination. Although we’ve never met, I can feel her passion emanating from her like she’s standing right next to me. And she’s passed that enthusiasm on to her daughter, who will be partnering with her at the gym.
I am so excited for the second go at her 12-week program. She’s already made some great strides in the first 12 weeks, losing 8 POUNDS OF FAT and dropping 2 PANT SIZES. I can’t wait to see which Athleta swimsuit she’ll be sporting, come JUNE 23rd!
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, Sally, and we’ll be right there with you along the way. You may have to stretch your ears a little, so you can hear us cheering you on from afar!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!
ABOUT SALLY: I’m a 48-year-old wife and mother of 2 young adult children, happily married to the love of my life for 23 years. I have a malteepoo dog who loves me like mad and is my constant shadow. I am the Payroll Manager for a Union Electrical Contractor in the Chicagoland area, and I love working out and reading all I can get my hands on to learn more. I do not like cardio.
WHAT MOTIVATED HER TO CHANGE: I was skinny my whole life before kids, but never strong. I want to enjoy being active with my husband in this second phase of our life together. We like to travel and hike, and I want to be strong and confident. I want to inspire others and help them to reach their goals too.
HOW SHE’S DOING IT: I am 5’8″ and weigh about 175 lbs. I just finished 12 weeks of Body for Life (BFL) and lost 8 lbs and several inches. I want to lose another 20-30 lbs and I know diet is the key. Even more so after reading this blog! Cassye’s Jif is my coffee with cream and sugar. I know if I won’t give it up I won’t be successful in my goals. I joined a gym and am starting another 12 weeks of BFL April 1, 2013.
- I gave up coffee with cream and sugar for 4 weeks and that’s when I lost the most.
- I planned out 4 weeks of menus and that was so freeing. I spent Sundays planning my grocery list for the week and didn’t over buy at the store since I knew EXACTLY what I needed. I just kept using these 4 menus over and over for the 12 week BFL.
- I gained some back after picking coffee up again. It’s not just the calories, it also kills my appetite so my 6 meals become 1 or 2.
- My knees and feet were having aches and pains so I had to try to find exercises that didn’t aggravate the problems. I finally joined a gym so I had more lower body options and an eliptical instead of my treadmill.
- Self sabotage. I start doing well and then I begin eating more cheat meals or more snacks. Why do I do that???
I know now that without my keeping the diet clean I don’t stand a chance of ever knowing who I could be. And that’s what I really want. I want to feel like I really reached for my full potential. I made that heart decision to go all the way.
HOW SHE STAYS MOTIVATED:
- I FaceBook “Liked” all the exercise and bodybuilding sites I could find.
- I watch Biggest Loser and watch Old Finale episodes when on the Treadmill!
- I get clothing magazines (Athleta my fave, Title Nine, Boston Proper etc.) to find inspiration so I can “visualize” how I might look.
- I read exercise books (reading Transformation by Bill Phillips right now), blogs, sites, bodybuilding.com, bodyforlife etc.
- The first few weeks I looked at my dreams and goals every day, but stopped doing that and I need to get back to that.
- This blog in particular has been very motivating to me to make the decision to go all the way with my diet. I kinda knew it, but just needed to hear someone say it straight out I guess!
- “Why choose to fail whan success is an option?” – Jillian Michaels
- “If you do not change direction then you may end up where you are headed.” – Chinese Proverb
Pretty inspiring stuff! Please take a moment and offer your encouragement and support to this strong woman seeking change. How about you? We’d love to hear your story!