However it IS still summer, despite all the back-to-school ads, and this refreshing and pretty dang clean treat is as summery as it gets.
My friend Allison kindly agreed to provide us with the recipe, so without further ado, here it is. Might I add that it’s superbly simple? “But of course!” you say, because you know wouldn’t find it here if it weren’t!
- 1 Pkg Sugar Free Strawberry Jell-O (0.3 oz) equivalent to the small box
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 8 oz pkg of Frozen Raspberries (be sure to check the label for added sugar, you’d be surprised).
- 8 oz of unsweetened apple sauce (Allison used regular apple sauce, so you could add some Stevia for a little extra sweetness or just use the regular sauce. You’ll have to play with it).
- Fresh blueberries for garnish
- Optional – fat free plain greek yogurt as a garnish (to complete the patriotic theme).
Dissolve Jell-o in 1/2 cup boiling water. Add frozen raspberries (thawed). Add Apple sauce and mix well.
Rub mold with cooking spray (don’t spray directly onto mold). Allison used a Bundt pan as her mold. I’m not sure that I wouldn’t just dump it into a bowl. She assured me that’d be OK, but of course wouldn’t look as pretty.
Refrigerate overnight. (Allison TRIPLED the recipe for her mold). Garnish with blueberries just before serving.
ENJOY – As an aside, I enjoyed a slice of this alongside a chewy brownie. The combo of the chocolate and tart berries was one of the most indulgent I’d enjoyed in a long time!